Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Benjamins Apple Tree!

Several months ago, Benjamin planted an apple seed in Sunday School, thank you Sis Loretta, and unlike most of the other children who excitedly took it home then forgot about it, Benjamin INSISTED we take care of it each day so it would turn into an apple tree. Nothing came home from his teacher saying what it was or what to do with it. I am sad to say that I honestly did not think it would grow, I do not know why, but I did not, but still we watered it every other day . Much to my surprise, it did start to sprout. Benjamin was so excited!!! I had to go to his teacher and tell her about the plant. Indeed it was an apple seed that was planted. Since then we have re-potted the tree twice, and it is still growing strong. We now plan on planting it in the yard next summer!

2 comments:

The Alexanders said...

Yeah, we are one of the ones that didn't know what to do with it. Well, first of all, Elijah dumped half of the dirt out of it by accident when we were leaving the Sunday School building. I figured whatever seed might be in there dumped out with it. Second, what do I know about gardening? Nothing. Haha!

Journey to Lilly! said...

Wow!! I have to admit I would not have thought it would have grown either. Your post was a blessing to me today because it reminds me that we plant & water & God gives the increase. Benjamin your tree is great!!! ~Kim