Sunday, September 21, 2008

30 YEARS YOUNG!!!!!

This past week and weekend were very busy and exciting at the same time. We have spent the evenings at our new church praying and filling it with the presence of God to make it ready for the move today. Each night the Spirit of God was all around.
Today is also MY BIRTHDAY!! I am finally admit
ting that I have turned 30 years young. I have been having a hard time dealing with that number and it was stressing me out. But know as I am about to go to bed and the house is quiet except for the sound of my beautiful children sleeping, and a husband who has tried hard all weekend to make my birthday special, see I admitted it, and thoughts of a wonderful church dedication service, more to come on that later this week, I am reminded of how much I do have and how I should be thanking God for giving me those 30 years and allowing me to continue to be here with my family in order to praise Him and do His will. I was told by some friends at work that I should be happy to turn 30 because now I have more wisdom and knowledge to share with my children. So with this in mind I will start fresh right now and look forward to each new day, and year, that God has given me.
Here are some pictures of the weekend.


John and the boys took me to Red Lobster for a birthday dinner.



The girls at work tried to surprise me with a little party. They had cake, ice cream, brownies, chips, dip, and salsa for us to pig out on. They had me a present and some very pretty flowers for me also. We were so busy, I ended up having to cut the cake in between cases and we did not really get to sit down and take a bunch of pictures. Although I did get some thanks to having the camera from dinner earlier.

3 comments:

Journey to Lilly! said...

Happy Birthday Michelle O!! I wish I had known!! We would have celebrated you! What a beautiful cake you had! & flowers too! Hope you had a great day!
lv u,
Kim

ladymaegran said...

Happy Birthday, again, my sweet girl. I'm glad you got to enjoy your birthday, even though you had to work.Thirty isn't so bad, now 60, THAT will take some getting used to,(in a few years, anyway!)lol

Love always,
Mom

The Wisener's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! WHAT A SWEET FRIEND YOU ARE!

LOVE YOU~KIMI