Friday, October 17, 2008

Trees and Pets

Benjamin's Apple tree is doing quite well. John says we will have to move it in for the winter and I agree. He also says that we will have to cut about one foot off to trim it, that I am not so sure about. I know that you are supposed to prune them, but how much at one time? Well, here is an up to date picture so far of the apple tree.

On the pet note, we have a new one. On Wednesday of last week (10-08-08) there were three puppies that followed their mother to the school. The owners of the mother do not take care of her and this is at least her third set of puppies in a row. When I found out that the last set of puppies were killed because they could not get rid of them, I called John to see if we could have one, or all, of the puppies. I told him that one of the boy puppies looked like a dog we had previously owned. He agreed for us to have ONE.

The boys were so excited when they found out we were going to take him home. they could not believe that Dad had agreed to us having another dog. They decided to name him TIPPER because of the white tips on his tail, paws, and nose.




Here are a couple of pictures of the boys with our other dog, Boots.


3 comments:

okiegirl1949 said...

Michelle, You are supposed to remove only one third of the trees height at a time. That is what I remember from master gardener school.

Your cousin

Sherry

okiegirl1949 said...

Also, cute puppy. I have a new mini dachshund. He is supposed to be 2 years old but I don't think he is that old. He has too much puppy in him.

Journey to Lilly! said...

Thanks for showing me this tree!! Everytime I see Jacob I ask him about it. It has really grown.

The kids told me about the puppies & they are adorable!

Lv & blessings!
Kim