Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Card Pictures

I had been worried that I would not be able to get a good picture to send out with Christmas cards but while we were in Oklahoma the boys got to sit on Santa's lap for the first time. We do not really try to make the boys think Santa is real. With Jacob, we explained that a long time ago there was a guy that wanted to do something nice for children that did not have anything and people today still like to carry on the tradition of kindness and thinking of others, using Santa, a guy in a red suit, who they say is magical and has reindeer that fly. We also explained that Christmas is really about Jesus and even though we should want to be kind and think of others, we should want to be more like Jesus and do it all year long like Jesus did, not just at Christmas time with Santa. Jacob was very accepting and we also told him that if a child thinks that Santa is real, he was not to tell them he was not. Well, long story even longer, when it came time to do all of this with Benjamin, it did not work. He is so convinced that since he sees pictures and toys of Santa that he is most certainly real. We finally had to tell him "That even though Santa is NOT real, if he wanted to believe that he is, then he could." Sooooo, while shopping in Bass Pro Shop in OKC, they had free pictures with Santa. John said we could do it so we did. Benjamin was ELATED, not to mention I got some good shots. Since we were in Oklahoma visiting with family, I could not let the opportunity of getting all the boys together for a picture with Santa. The store was open on Thanksgiving so while my mom, sisters, and I cooked, John took the boys by to get one taken. So when Christmas cards go out, the pic inside will probably be of the boys with Santa.

Here are a few of them:


3 comments:

ladymaegran said...

OH, such handsome boys! They are so photogenic! My, are they ever
special! Am I gushing too much? I think not!

The Wisener's said...

Oh, I love to see your posts...
Love you!

okiegirl1949 said...

WE sure do have a lot of good looking boys in our family. I am so proud of all of them.