Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Benjamin is FIVE!!!!!

My sweet baby Benjamin turned 5 on March 27th. I wanted to have a birthday party that was inexpensive yet the kids would enjoy. A friend of mine told me about having a birthday party with the Fire Department. She explained that they gave the kids a tour of the Fire Station and let them look at and play on a truck. I thought it was a good idea and decided to give the Fire Department a call. It turned out it was a go and they ended up having a wonderful time.

Here is a picture of the group in front of one of the Fire Trucks.

Here is a picture of the Fire Fighter talking to the group about the new Fire Truck. I think John was having just as much fun if not more that the kids were.
After the talk the Fire Fighter took the kids around the truck and showed them the things that they have on the truck such as the "JAWS OF LIFE" and some really big scissors that are used to rescue people who get stuck in car accidents. Then they let the kids climb in the cab of the truck to try on the headsets and sit in the seats to pretend they were going to go fight a fire. They had a blast.

Finally they let the kids try on the outfit and try to walk around.

When we left the Fire Station we went to Heritage Park for cake and the playground. On the way to the Fire Station I realized, the good picture taking mom that I am, that I forgot a camera. I used my cell phone to take pictures at the Fire Department and by the time we got to the park, my cell phone battery died and I was unable to take a picture of his fire birthday cake. Everyone had a good time and the party only cost me the cost of the cake. Pretty good don't you think?

5 comments:

The Wisener's said...

Looks like they had a great time! Too bad we missed it...LY!

ladymaegran said...

What a memmorable party! I know that was a birthday party to remember for all!

Mom

The Alexanders said...

Looks like everyone had fun!

The Wisener's said...

Happy Mother's Day!! LY

The Wisener's said...

Ok, I know you are doing 'facebook', but I really miss seeing your family and stuff on your blog...are ya gonna start back up?
Love ya lots!