Friday, October 22, 2010

Benjamin's Baptism

Tuesday Night, October 19, 2010, Benjamin was filled with the wonderful Gift of the Holy Ghost, and was Baptized. The service had turned the entire church into an altar call so we were sitting in the pew and praying when Ben came up to me and whispered, "Mom, do we just go up there and tell them we want to be baptized?" I explained to him that Pastor waits to baptize kids till they have gotten the Holy Ghost so he needed to pray and ask Jesus to fill him with the Holy Ghost. He said "I HAVE been praying!" I did not realize he had been sitting in the pew praying. I told him I would pray with him and we did for a minute but then he wanted to do it on his own. After watching him and seeing that he WAS serious and was trying to pray I suggested he go ask Brother Jeff ( the Sunday School Director) to pray with him. He really liked this idea so we went to where Bro. Jeff was at the front of the church and asked him to pray with Benjamin to receive the Holy Ghost. Several people started to pray with him, including Bro. Randy and Bro. Jordan, and it was not very long before my sweet baby was speaking in Tounges!! When he stopped, he quickly asked, "Can I get baptized now?" He was taken back and Brother Jeremy Baptized him. The grin on his face is like a million dollars. I was starting to wonder if it was the Holy Ghost or the fact he was in his favorite thing, WATER! HAHA. I got a few pictures of him praying afterward and then him getting baptized.





















No comments: